Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Top 10

Clay and I had a fun discussion about this last night...in the realm of eating and drinking, what are your top ten, all time favorite, life is better because of them, items?  Keep in mind, these are not desert island picks (in other words, you don't need to worry about staying alive on these 10), and they don't have to be the things you eat or drink the most frequently- we're talking about the things that you love, adore, and relish every time you partake of them.  And you have to be specific (makes it harder)!  Clay rattled his off pretty quickly, but I had a much harder time, because I enjoy food so much...it was like asking me to choose a favorite child!  I guess when you're as picky as Clay, it's an easier task.  ;-)  Anyhow, many things I love (like peanut butter!  and yogurt with granola! and lemon sorbet!) did not make the cut, but here's where we landed last night.  I'm sure if we talked about it again tonight, the list would change.

My picks:

1-Bacon
2-Caramelized Onions
3-Peppermint ice cream
4-Apples
5-Gruyere cheese
6-Dark chocolate
7-Coffee
8- Blackberry pie, a la mode
9- Dried cranberries
10- A good margarita

Clay's picks:

1-Bacon (see folks, this is why we're married!  We've got similar interests, haha!)
2-Fettuccine Alfredo
3-His mom's breaded steak, which is pretty much the only thing I cannot successfully accomplish in my kitchen.
4-Red wine
5-Coffee (again...we complete each other)
6-Grapes
7-Queso and chips
8-A good burger (his is lettuce and cheese only, which in my book, does not deserve the label "good," but hey, it's not my list...)
9-Macaroni and cheese
10-Sushi

What about y'all?

No comments:

Post a Comment