Saturday, November 6, 2010

Baby Ian!

Today I helped host the baby shower of a really good friend I've made here in Albany, Christy Black.  She is due to have a little boy, Ian Paul, on December 6th, and I couldn't be happier for her!  I now know firsthand how much joy a baby boy brings, and can't wait for her to experience it firsthand.  

When I first moved to Albany it was very hard to meet people, and I was pretty miserable.  I thought I'd never make friends, so you can imagine how thankful I was when I finally did.  Christy was the first good friend I made here; we bonded over being dragged by our husbands from Tampa to Albany (we both HATED it here), and our friendship pretty much saved me from being constantly down in the dumps.  I'm so glad I didn't scare her off with what I'm sure were excessive and desperate invitations over for dinner!  When you don't live near family, you need a really good group of friends as a substitute- Christy and her husband Aaron definitely are!  So I'm happy to be sharing the excitement of first-time motherhood with such a great friend, and for somewhat selfish reasons, I'm thrilled to have a friend who's going to have a baby close in age to Ethan.  It'll be nice to have someone to share milestones with, and for our little boys to be able to play together. 

Feeling thankful for friends, and thankful for the fact that I no longer hate Albany...gosh, I never thought I'd be able to say that!! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. God bless Christy & Aaron, and their very near arrival. I am glad Ethan will have a playmate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exactly the same way. I am more than grateful to have made you as a friend. Had it not been for you I'm sure I would have experienced the Albany blues much worse than I did.

    ReplyDelete