Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Today is Veteran's Day, so I know I'm not the only one who is taking time today to say THANK YOU to the brave men and women who have served and are currently serving in our armed forces.  It is too easy to forget that these men and women are willing to risk their lives every single day to protect freedoms we take for granted. 

It is important to remember the families of these brave soldiers too, and not just those who have lost loved ones.  Being a member of the military often involves leaving your loved ones for extended periods of time, sometimes to go to places that are dangerous, or where communication isn't very easy.   Soldiers miss their babies being born, or growing up, their partners are left to run households alone...I can't imagine the strain that kind of separation puts on relationships, and am grateful I don't have to experience it.

Without the sacrifices of these people, we wouldn't be blessed to live in the greatest country in the world.  I thank God for our soldiers and their families, and am reminded today that I need to keep them in my prayers today and always.


“This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”  -Elmer Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment