Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Blah, but still blessed!

I am not really in the mood to blog today, but I already missed yesterday, and I made a commitment to stick to this blogging thing, so here I am!  I am feeling exhausted this evening, and a little overwhelmed by the fact that the amount of things I need to get done in a day has grown, but my ability to get things accomplished has decreased...something about a pesky little guy needing to eat and be entertained every 3 hours... ;-)  But I am not going to complain! Instead I am going to catch up on my blogging; here are two of the things I'm feeling especially thankful for today:

I am thankful that my Papa wasn't hurt last night.  He is struggling with Alzheimer's, and left his house in the middle of the night last night.  Luckily, a kind neighbor found him wandering the street barefoot at 3 am with my grandparents' dog (bless sweet Sandy's heart for staying with him!  There's nothing like a dog) and brought him back home.  Thank GOD that a good person found him (he even checked back in on him this afternoon), and not some thug or criminal.  So thankful that he didn't wander into traffic, or fall down and hurt himself...I shudder to think about what could have been.

I am also thankful that we are financially stable.  Since we've recently transitioned from having one paycheck to two (now that I'm staying at home with Ethan), we have had to do a bit of readjusting over the past few months.  Even though I didn't make a lot, it did provide us with plenty of fun money, and we're missing it!  That, combined with the fact that Clay's paycheck is bi-weekly, so we only get half of it at the first of the month, yet our biggest bills hit then, means that things are TIGHT until the 15th this month.  We've made the necessary adjustments so we won't run into the problem again (spread some of our big bills to the second half of the month), but it has still been a little stressful.  It is no fun feeling broke, and we at least have the peace of mind that it is simply an issue of cash flow this month- we know that ultimately there's more than enough money to pay our bills etc. this month.  I was thinking, though, that many families live with this feeling constantly, and without the security of knowing they'll be just fine when the next paycheck hits.  For some, every paycheck has to be stretched farther than it can, and every purchase causes anxiety.  I can't imagine having to live life that way- I only have to make it a few more days, and I don't like it!  Definitely makes me thankful that money is not something we have to worry about, and encourages me to be more generous with what we've been given to help others who aren't as fortunate as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment